Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hair today, gone tomorrow

I may or  may not have mentioned in the past that I have a bit of a "hair" problem in less than desirable places.  You know, "the beard", the stache, etc.  However, my legs have really never been an overly hairy spot on my body.  Well, the lower legs haven't, but then THAT was probably too much information, wasn't it.  Anyway, I can go a good long time without shaving these days.  What does grow is rather fine and spotty at best, so i just don't worry about it.  However, yesterday I was going to be swimming with some girls, giving them some "lessons" if you will, so they could be better prepared for the tri.  I figured I'd better clean up the pitts and perhaps give the legs a little once over.  I "shaved", swam, did my thing.

There I was, earlier this afternoon, wearing my "short pants" as Maggie likes to call them, standing out in the breezy sunshine on my driveway.  Max needed a little outside time, and I was happy to oblige.  As I stood in the breeze, I had this odd sensation on my lower left ankle area.  It literally felt like hair was billowing about.  So, I decided to take a closer look at this situation.

Apparently I had somehow missed a rather large and obvious 3 inch area on the back of my right angle.  There it was for all to see, literally blowing in the breeze....2 inch long black hair.  Have I mentioned that I might be as white as one Edward Cullen? In fact, I tried to take a picture of my own leg, but due to my diamond like skin, the reflection was too great and the hair didn't show in the picture.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

Seriously, how gross!


Sasquatch and razor blades,

Allyson

9 comments:

Mel said...

hahaha. I have totally done that.

Dana said...

you gave tri swimming lessons and didn't even invite me?!?!

erin said...

pretty sure i totally just imagined this in my head and started laughing so hard. haha!

jen said...

I'd trade a few stache hairs for not hairy legs any day. Less area to bother with.

Lana said...

Ew. That is gross/funny. I always always miss my knees. Even when I shave my knees quite carefully--later on I look down and see short fuzzy knee hairs.

LadyCarma said...

That must have been a harrowing (hairrowing) experience!

Hot Diggity Daws said...

It is funny to look down and realize what you've missed. Oops. You are one of a kind, gotta love your comfort level with topics like this!

My word verification is breste, is that breast in Italian?

mrsofficer said...

haha I always miss a spoto n my knee's, dropping by from SITS

Cheryl said...

Oh, I've been there sister! The other day, before bed, I looked in the mirror and saw a 10-foot long (okay, maybe it was an inch, but still) hair on my neck. It'd been there for who knows how long. How attractive! Gah!

Over from SITS..