Monday, June 29, 2009

While I was away...

Never fear my peeps, June has been survived, with great success, and I am NOW back. I know, I know, you've missed me terribly, haven't you. Haven't you? Well fine, at least admit that you've missed my cute kids. Ahh, that's better, just as I thought. I have any number of posts rolling around in my head, and don't be surprised if there are two or more per posting, just so I can get them done. Then again, don't be surprised if I'm just promising things that don't come to pass. I am one of good intentions, as you recall. Anyway....





It is utterly amazing to me how quickly time flies and how fast my sweet babies grow. In my blogging hiatus little Maximus has made some big changes.





Look who has FOUR BIG fatty teeth. That would be Maximus Prime. He's such a good little teether too. You'd never know he was getting said teeth, he's just chipper all the time. Speaking of, Max is set to get tubes in his ears next Friday, wish us luck.

Look who gets to sit in the cart like a big boy now. No more traipsing around in his carseat. This particular shot was taken on today's trip to Costco. However, his first bigboy cart sitting was courtesy of Auntie Jenny and another trip to Costco. I guess I just wasn't quite ready to admit that he was big enough for the move up. Won't be long until he's in the big boy carseat too. Have I also mentioned that he's up to a fatty 22 lbs. now? He is a hefty little tank, and I surely love him and all his chub.


Mr. Man has begun the scooching, crawling phase of life. In these pics, I was out in the family room and Max had been playing in my room. I began to hear a whimper and then a real irritated cry. When I came in, there he was, under my bed. He'd backward scooted himself right into a pickle of a spot. The good news is, he has since learned to move forward and he has a mean army crawl going for him. Won't be long now before he's everywhere and into everything.
He is also into eating big boy foods these days too. He loves himself some crackers, any variety is fine. He's good with pizza crust, cottage cheese, mac 'n cheese, oatmeal and baby food of any variety. What joy and rapture. Won't be long before I don't have to buy so much formula, which is a GOOD THING since they just freaking raised diaper prices by another three dollars a box. UGH!
What else can I say? I love that boy with all my heart, which inexplicably swells and grows more each day. I am so grateful he came to live with us and offers so much happiness and laughing and giggles, oh does he giggle. His laughter just makes my heart burst in a good way. Kids are the best!



Blog returns and army crawls,
Allyson

2 comments:

Jenn C. said...

Cute pics and stories! Max looks so grown up with his 4 teeth and sitting like a big boy in the grocery cart! Maggie is adorable and so photogenic. I am so glad you are blogging again. I had a good time in June getting to see and visit with you.

Lana said...

Unlike Jenn C., I did NOT see you in June AT ALL it seemed like. I do loathe workshop for taking you away for a whole month!! :) Anyway, glad you're back and that it was all a success. Max is the cutest ever. I still can't believe you have him in his infant seat. When I carried his infant seat with him in it the other day, I thought I was going to DIE! Funniest picture ever goes to the one of him under the bed. I love that you took it before rescuing him--as any responsible blogger does. :)