Monday, July 14, 2008

Greer '08 Part One

I'm sure this could be a really long entry, so I've decided to just post a few pics and call it a day for now. Suffice it to say, the weather was ridiculous and gorgeous! It never got over 60 degrees, it was cool, cold, rainy, GORGEOUS!!!! The air was clean, clear and smelled so yummy. The cabin we stayed in was huge, and had a freaking awesome porch that wrapped all the way around. The food was waaaaaay to plentiful and delicious. The only downside would be the plumbing problems that plagued us the whole time. There was flooding involved, and some serious stank, but other than that, it was WONDERFUL!! Coming home to the muggy, hot deathtrap known as Mesa was NOT so much fun. But, it is good to be home, and get back in the swing of things.



The ladies of the Shum. We included the sis in laws this year. Sorry the color is a bit dark here. Seriously, I just feel so freaking fat. This whole have 2 babies in a year thing really wreaks havoc on the ol' bod.

The Mens of the family. New this year is 4th from the Left, Shane, Dixie's new husband. He's a real good sport, and he's a nice addition to the fam.

Tony and Dian and all their grandkids. Well, actually, Breckyn is missing, as she's off to BYU, but other than that all are represented.


Here we are, the Jere VP's in our latest glory. It's a good thing Maggie is so cute, perhaps we can go unnoticed.



Finally, in all our patriotic glory, the entire Tony Shumway clan...Greer '08. It truly was a wonderful week of resting, relaxing, eating, playing games and hanging out. I'm so grateful to have such a fab family. Thanks Mom and Dad for another fantastic week.


And, just for funsies, I'm throwing this pic in. A true smiling pic of Maggie is as rare as a sighting of Big Foot. So, the fact that we have this, I need to publish it to the world. If you look closely, you can see her ginormous front teeth. If my baby got anything whatsoever that is Shumway, it would be her big teeth. Yea, I LOVE this girl!!

Thanks friends for your comments on the last Greer post and for your concern for my G'pas passing. I do appreciate the comments, I think they're my favorite part of blogging.

5 comments:

Mel said...

I love Maggie's "cant be bothered" to look at the camera in the all family picture. She made up for it in that super cute smiley one though. She's beautiful!

Andrea said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I love Greer! I think that is as close as you get to Heaven.

Crandell Fam said...

I better get crackin' on my new posts...Greer, Grandpa, and just other stuff! Yours are great and I love reading them. :)

Livin' Wright said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa, It sounded like he was a great man.

The family pictures are so cute, I had nixon on my lap so he could see maggie.

Tara L. Stradling said...

Loved to see your family in all their glory! Thanks for sharing with the world...