Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Gingerbread House....well, an attempt.

Let's just get one thing straight....I have never really decorated a gingerbread house.  I've never bought a kit, or done anything.  My sister Dana and her kids do them every year and they are truly masterful works of art.  So, one day whilst walking through the Wal Mart, I spied a kit.  And on a whim, I bought it.  The kids were really excited to build the house and decorate it.  I kept putting it off, until finally, we were nearly out of time.  So, after Maggies first recital, we came home and got to work.

I won't lie, it was NOT pretty.  Building and decorating those things are NOT my forte.  Plus, my patience was a little frazzled as it was, so dealing with my young 'ens was a bit tiresome.  But alas, we did it, and it looked like, well, tragic.  However, the kids thought it was fun and had a good time.

Getting ready for the big "build."


Someone is reallllly excited about the candy.



It took some serious patience and restraint, but Maggie did totally decorate the Christmas Tree and Gingerbread man.

Here is our finished product.
A little tragic huh?
But, at least we did it.

One Gingerbread house down, many more to come, I'm sure.

Holiday Happies,

Allyson

1 comment:

alison said...

the kids talked me into a gingerbread house this year (it's taken me 2 years to get over the LAST one we did!). my OCD really gets a kick in the pants on gingerbread houses....i have to force myself to let the kids do it. so ours usually end up pretty tragic too ;) at least maggie and max (and jere...hehhehehe) had fun...which is what it's all about!