Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Because I have to

I have just been too dang lazy to update lately. It's not that I haven't had things I wanted to say, or talk about. I'm just lazy.


Ok, Lana just stopped by for a little visit, and now she's gone, so I can go forward here with this post. First of all, can someone PLEASE tell me why I don't have freaking paragraph breaks in here. I put in the proper spaces, I even indent the allotted 5 spaces, and yet, when all is said and done...I look like a retard. You just have a page all run together and it's annoying. A little help PLEASE!!!



Anywho, I certainly need to write about my LOVELY evening out with the ladies two weeks ago now. And so I shall, with pictures even. Tregoney got a small group of us together to go out for Miz Jenees birthday. We met up at the most delightful and delicious "California Pizza Kitchen." As I've only been there once before, I forgot just how delish this place is. We shared a bbq chicken salad, ceaser salad and a few pizzas. I ordered the BLT, I highly recommend it. Frankly, I've craved that blasted salad and pizza ever since, but due to lack of time, lack of money, and complete lack of desire to EVER deal with parking at the Tempe Market Place, I have not been back to indulge in the deliciousness. Anyway, we had a really lovely time chatting and laughing at dinner. I'm going to favor you with a few pics. Let it be said, that I am MOST disturbed by the fact that I look like I'm at least 40X bigger than everyone in the picture. Why am I such a freaking giantess of a person. I realize that perhaps a little bit of this look can be attributed to the angle of the one picture, but not all. I do forget that I AM 5'10" tall, and of large stature. I just forget that, and then, when you have all midgey friends that are like 5'3" and such, it really points out the facts. Painful. But, I post the pictures none the less. If for no other reason than to prove that I'm not a poser and Miz Jenee really is MY friend. hahahahahahahahahah

Mizz Jenee in all her glory. Isn't she just lovely?



The ladies who Lu...I mean Dinner. Tregoney, Melody, Jenee and Nancy.

And seriously, there's me, ALLLL of me. I think I'm bigger than the table even. Oh this is depressing.

Speaking of, you'll all be glad to know that I am now wearing my gouchos at least 3 times a week. Oh yes, it's true, and I don't care. I've even taken to wearing Jeres old workshop t-shirts, 'cause they're big and fit over my heft. Good times, GOOD TIMES!!

Anyway, after dinner, we waddled our way over to the movie theatre and watched "The Women." I thought it was cute enough, didn't LOVE it, but liked it a lot. It was just fun to be at the movies with friends. In the last year, I've been to the movies literally 2 times. So yeah, it was a really lovely evening had by all. Thanks girls.

In an effort to avoid making a THIRD post in one day, I'll just say that Blackbeard is now over and Jere is sad. We're glad to have him back, he's glad to have his life back, but he truly loved the experience. He loved the cast so much, and is missing them. The show was lovely, and I was able to attend closing night and enjoyed it a lot. However, the walk from the parking lot to the theatre nearly did me and my baby in. He apparently is not a fan of me moving any more than I have to these days. My belly was so tight, I'm pretty sure I was contracting. WOW! And then during the show, he was going banoodles! Two different times he did some kung fu move that literally had me jumping out of my seat. It felt like an electrical shock both times, and poor Amy sitting next to me was wondering what the heck was going one with me. But, we got through and all is well. I am gonna have the Dr. go ahead and check me this week, just to see if I'm dilated at all. I mean, I refuse to have this baby for at least another week or so, and I'm not due until after that anyway, but one never knows.

Finally, my little Miss Maggie got sick last week. We had three days of fever for no reason at all, and a fairly high fever at that. She was at 102 at a couple of points. There seemed to be nothing wrong, other than the fever. I'm pretty sure either I have a genius or a junkie on my hands, 'cause she knows where the medicine is, and she would go over to the counter and BEG for it. So, I took her to the Dr. on Friday, she couldn't really see anything too wrong, "maybe" a tiny bit of an ear infection. So, she prescribed an anti-biotic and off we went. Saturday night she spent the night at Grandma Shumways so I could enjoy Blackbeard and then we could go out afterward. So, when I went to pick her up Sunday morning, she was all red and splotchy everywhere. She proceeded to gain this rash all over her torso and face that lasted until Monday night. I looked it up, pretty sure she had roseola, which if you're wondering is the most benign "sickness" ever. And now, she's just a-ok. The nice thing about Maggie is, even with a fever and not feeling good, she was soo sweet and still always slept all through the night. I love her, I really do. I've decided i need to cherish every last moment I can with her in the next couple of weeks, since life will change so drastically after that. I need her to know how much I love her, so when she's feeling left out with the baby, I can remind her. Ugh! I'm so nervous.

Ok, I really must go, time is getting away, and soon enough students will be arriving.

Peace.

3 comments:

Dixiechick said...

I remember feeling that exact same way with Livy...wanting to cherish every last minute before Owen came along. Worried that she would feel bad that my attention was now being divided. Change is hard. It won't ever be quite the same...but in many ways, most ways, it will be better. I know you see Owen in all his craziness and don't believe me, but you just wait. Max is gonna be CRAZY and you will love his guts no matter what. That's just how it works.

Emily Lauren said...

Looks like you had a fun girls night. My friends and I saw sisterhood of the traveling pants together a few weeks ago- not a good movie (in my opinion), but So fun to be with all of my friends, so I loved it.
I can't believe the baby's coming is approaching so rapidly! Where did the time go? Glad to hear Maggie's doing better- I hate it when they're sick.

Gina said...

I wish I could have been there for the good times...I miss you all so much! Next time, let's have Girls Night Out in Austin!

I can't wait for you to have this baby! Boys are just as amazing as girls. It is so much fun!