Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sleeping Blooty

**This post title brought to you by Brooklyn. For all her brilliance and great speech ability, she simply can NOT say beauty. Her favorite movie is "Sleeping Blooty." It cracks me up so much, that sometimes, I just have her say it for my amusement. "Hey Brooklyn, what movie is that?" "Brooklyn, who is that princess?" You understand.

Anyway, the other night I went in to check on Maggs before bed, and I found her like this. Seriously, to be so kicked back in ones sleep, what must it be like? She has slept like this since birth. Meaning, totally wide open, spread apart, relaxed on her back. Even now, if she's ever on her stomach, it's rare and it doesn't last long. So, I was just amused at her hands behind her head and her foot fully kicked through the bar. I love this girl and her sleeping habits. Oh, and do note the totally cute new jammies I picked up at Costco the other day. Bumble bees and polkadots, what more could you ask for?


And, because I'm totally avoiding doing my Disneyland post (I'm overwhelmed and don't know where to start) I'll just throw in a couple more cute pics of little miss thang!

This is how awesome her hair looks when you take out the ponytails. I think she could take flight here, the wings are fully spread. And the tongue? It's her latest thing, constantly out looking special.

Finally, this picture captures the essence of Maggie. She had gone and pulled one of her discarded socks out of the laundry and insisted that I help her put it on. So, one sock on and one sock off. Sitting with her purse, her little foot crossed and a phone in her hand. What would I do without phones to keep her happy and occupied? She literally "talks" on them all day long, walking around saying "Hehwhoa?" and then proceeding to carry on who knows what kind of conversations. Man kids are great.
So, I totally didn't go to my swim this morning, since Dixie bailed on me and more importantly, Jere had a Dr.'s appointment in Scottsdale at 7:00 a.m. So, he needed me home so he could get ready and leave. It feels wierd to have missed a morning, this is my first one. But honestly, I needed the rest, Disneyland nearly did me in. But, wouldn't you know, Max is STILL asleep, and Maggie just let out her first yelp of the morning. Nice! So, guess I should go retrieve her and check on Max, as he's developed a yucky cough and he needs to eat soon.
Love to all, and I promise that I will try to pull together this Disneyland post, but it's just sooooo much to see and say.
Bumblebees and polkadots,
Allyson



5 comments:

jen said...

Know where he got the cough. Sorry about that! Is everything ok with Jere?
And I'm breathlessly waiting for Disneyland!

Lana said...

Very cute Maggie pictures. I win for posting Disneyland pictures first. Yeah me.

Dixiechick said...

Maggie's sleeping pic is hilarious. I love it. I wish I was that relaxed when I sleep. I'm always anxious...even in my sleep.

Summertime Designs said...

Okay, Maggie is so dang cute! I love her hands behind her head and the fluffy hair from the ponytail removal. Sorry that Max is sick...that's always a bummer! I'm anxious to see pictures from your Disneyland trip (but no pressure).

Crandell Fam said...

She is a sleeping "blooty" for sure, and I"m SO JEALOUS! I'm like Dixie...can't relax even in my sleep.