Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Kiddie Kandids

Ok, so last Friday I decided to finally trek my way out to Superstition Springs Mall and to the ever famous Kiddie Kandids for Maggies 9 month pics. Who cares if she'll actually be 10 months in 4 days, whatever. Anyway, I load the girls up, schlep out there, sign in, wait a 1/2 hour and then proceed to get the craptasticist (I just made that awesome word up) photographer girl there ever was. Seriously, she had ideas ZERO for posing Maggie. I will admit that Maggie was not in her smiliest best mood. Instead she was doing this totally retarded half smirky look while shoving her chin into her chest. However, the photographer just was NOT good. So, we BLEW threw a few pics, and then I wanted one with Brooklyn and Maggie, so I changed Maggies outfit and got Brooklyn up there and well, that picture isn't even worth mentioning. After a few minutes of waiting, the manager finally gets to me and shows me my "choices." Are you aware that you ONLY get SIX choices? She could have taken 40 pics, but you get SIX to choose from. Well, I'm here to tell you people that those were six completely worthless pictures. The one you're looking at was the ONLY one that maybe, possibly, could have been worth looking at. To say I was let down and a little bugged would be an understatement. So, the manager could see I wasn't happy, and because she's not blind, she could see the pictures sucked. So, she was like "do not buy any of these, just come back for some re-takes." In the meantime she e-mailed my crappy session so I could look at them. I was just so disappointed with the whole experience. Anyone else have a bad experience with them ever? My sisters pictures there have always been really cute, but they were in Utah, so maybe there is a difference. Anywho, I'm scheduled to go for retakes on Friday, and frankly, I'm pondering on whether I really want to do that or not. I'll let you know what is decided.

In other news...Maggie figured out how to pull herself up today. She can FINALLY get herself into a standing position. Woo hoo! She still crawls like a freak, but at least she's moving and getting around. I'm pretty sure she's gonna be one of those kids that just walks, and never really gets the proper crawl down. However, it sure is cute and fun to see her standing and being so proud of herself. Someday, when I'm cool enough, I'll figure out how to include video on here and you too can experience the Maggie joy. haha

Dad is doing fine, just in loads of pain still. I'm planning on going to see him tonight, when I'm finished with my lessons. Can I just say how excited I am that this is my last week of lessons. WOO HOO! Get through this week and the recital on Saturday and I'm free. Well, free until workshop starts and then the real stress begins. But, that's just for the month of June and then I'll be playing like a school child the month of July. I love summers when i don't have anything to do work wise. Then, I will start teaching again, mid-August until the baby is born in October. Take a month off and then back to teaching. Good times!

Finally, thank you all for your kind comments about my Dad, and for your prayers. We appreciate all we can get!!

Toodles!

1 comment:

Mel said...

ok, you make me laugh. I can just see your facial expression. :) For what its worth, little Maggie looks really cute in that picture.