Sunday, May 18, 2008

Prayer & Personal Revelation

So today I taught the lesson in Elders Quorum about Prayer and Personal Revelation. It was really, really good and you should all check it out (it's lesson 10 in the manual). In any case, toward the end of my lesson one guy told a story about a woman who was running late to get her daughter to the doctor's office and couldn't find her daughter's shoes. After much frustration she knelt down and prayed something to the effect of, "Heavenly Father, I don't have a lot of time here, but I really need some help finding my daughter's shoes. I know this sounds a bit rediculous, but I know you see everything and know right where they are and I'm relying on faith that you'll help me find them." As soon as she got up she got the thought in her head that she knew exactly where they were.

Why do I tell this story? Because earlier this week I lost my wallet. I have no idea where I lost it or really when. After teaching the lesson today and hearing the story of the shoes I decided enough was enough and I was just going to ask God where my wallet was. After all, he does see everything and can totally find it for me. I called Allyson into our bedroom to kneel down with me and pray - because I'm convinced that Heavenly Father loves her more than me so any time I can get her involved in my prayers the better (hahaha).

We get done praying and we go through all my pockets, bags, etc. and Allyson heads outside to start some laundry. As she's walking out she says, "You should probably check the couch cushions." As I'm about to start flipping in walks my beautiful wife with what in her hand? My wallet! It was in the laundry basket and we're pretty sure I had it in my khaki pants pocket when I threw them in there on Monday.

So, long story short - too late - God's cool and is truly mindful of each of us! WOOT!!

No comments: