Friday, August 10, 2012

Accidentally

I'm noticing a pattern around here, and frankly, I'm growing a bit suspicious.  And by "growing" I mean, I don't buy it for one second.

Ya see......this guy:


Max likes to use the phrase:  "Mom I accidentally......."  you just fill in the blank.
It's usually something he knows he's not s'posed to do.  Somehow he believes that by preceding his crime with "I accidentally" that that will make it ok.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, nice try buckaroo, but it's just not gonna fly.


His favorite as of late is..."Mom, I ACCIDENTALLY didn't know I needed to go potty and I peed in my underwear."   This statement could come in the middle of the night, 5 a.m. or Noon, just whenever.  Accidentally didn't know, my ass.  Now, keep in mind, to him, wetting his pants means a droplet of pee has escaped and made contact with his unders.  I have a sneaking suspicion that he just wants to change his underwear for some unknown reason and thinks this is the only way to do it.  "Wet my pants, get new ones."  But, me, being the MEAN Mom that I am, I make him keep those underwear on because please, one or two drops of pee pee does not a new pair of panties warrant.

Another popular one....."Max, why did you hit your sister?"  "It was an ACCIDENT!"  Mmmm Hmmm, as I thought.

Then today as I was cruising through the kitchen, arms full of dirty laundry.  A charming Max, sitting at the island, eating his lunch said:

Mom, my cheeto ACCIDENTALLY said BUTT!

Well then, clearly I've got to keep my eye on those cheetos.  They can't be trusted.  And neither can you, you little wordy conniver, neither can you!

I guess the next time he busts out a forbidden word and I have to put soap in his mouth....I'll tell him it was all an "Accident."

Cheeto butts and accidental soaping,

Allyson

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cheetos are trouble! Serious trouble! Watch out for those rebellious trouble-making snack foods! Lol.

alison said...

bwahahahahaha! i love it! isn't it super fun how the minds of our littles work? chandler went through that stage and whilst it is a giggle to look back on now....at the time, i really wanted to "accidently" whip his tail ;)

larainydays said...

Don't ever buy him Cheeto Balls.