Monday, August 6, 2012

Car convos and Precious prayers.....

Sometimes there are just SUCH genuine moments of hysterical genius, you couldn't make it up.  I LOVE those times.  Those precious, precious times when your young children say things that catch you so off guard that all you can do is laugh hysterically at with them.

Last night, whilst praying (and for the record, the kids generally each say a prayer, and there may be fighting involved as to who gets to say it first) his turn at prayer, Max had this to say:

Dear Heavenly Father...thankful for this day.  Please bless Maggie to have sweet, sweet butterfly dreams, and bless me dreams of power rangers.  In the name of Jesus Christ...Amen.

I swallowed hard and kept my composure.  But seriously?  "sweet sweet butterfly dreams, and POWER RANGER dreams?"  HA!!!

Truth of the matter is, my kids are OBSESSED with talking to God about their dreams.  ALL prayers center around them having good dreams, no bad or scary dreams.  I try (albeit failingly apparently) to explain that we need to always thank God for what we have as well as ask for blessings on family, friends, etc.  Sometimes they sorta get it, but most of the time....it's a flat out request for good dreams and an amen.  Apparently it works most of the time, so I shant complain.

Then this one:

Self picture taken by Maggie


On our way home from a cousins house tonight Maggie asked:

"Is today the last day of summer?

"No, you have one more day."

Big sigh

"Boo!  The GREATEST thing about summer is the swimming."

"The WORST part of summer is......it's BALLS hot."



HA! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Snort, snort, hahaha!

I would be lying if I said that Jere and I did not bust out laughing so hard we were crying.  I think Jere nearly drove the car off the road.

I'm sorry, but when a five year old busts a line like that out, how could you NOT die?  Those moments of just totally random, and totally genuine child comments are SO worth the rest of the "crappy" times.


Saucy and silly,

Allyson

4 comments:

Master P said...

The only thing better than having hysterical children is sharing so others can enjoy the hilarity :) Bless you, they are freakin' awesome!!

(and I think they are onto something with the praying-for-good-dreams thing, I really do!)

The Atomic Mom said...

She is gonna crack up the Kindergarten! Good luck tomorrow Maggs! :)

AiringMyLaundry said...

Ha! Balls hot. That's how it is here.

jen said...

Can I adopt the "balls hot" slogan, even if just for this week? What else explains the hell in which we're living?