Monday, October 19, 2009

The more the Merrier!

So, I have a cousin, her name is Wendy. She is a critical care nurse at Mayo, and she's really rather great. I enjoy her. Anyway, she occassionally needs a babysitter for her 2 boys, because she will take night shifts and then interestingly enough, needs to sleep during the day. So, I said once that I'd take her boys, 'cause hey, I need money, so I'll do whatever I can to earn a little extra here and there. The call finally came, and a couple of weeks ago I had my first chance to watch her little Griffin and Lincoln. They were dropped off early enough to go on our morning walk, which was great, except Griffin was so intent on running and hsowing me how cool he was, he promptly pooped himself out. Therefore, the rest of the walk seemed a little long to him. But, no worries, he was a good sport. I can not even begin to tell you what a treat these two were. Just having a little testosterone in the house was enough to diffuse the ridiculous amounts of progesterone that Maggie and Brooklyn put off. Those sweet boys made for the lovliest day ever. The girls hardly fought at all. There was no screaming, no fighting, no crying, just total bliss over these two boys. AND, as you'll see in the picture evidence, Griffin instigated sheer genius ideas with the chairs out back. They actually played outside for almost an hour, which in my book = HEAVEN. I only wish I had some better pictures, 'cause I'm telling you, they're super cute too.


Maggie, Max and Lincoln having a little block time. Max was pleased, can't you tell?

They created a train, and were all riding/driving the train. I was taking these pics out of the bathroom window. Oh, and if you look far right, I happened to catch this JUST as Maggie tumbled backwards off her perch. The best part...she cried for a minute, 'cause she hit her elbow. But, since there was no Mom to cry to, she showed the other kids and then totally got over it and went back to playing. AWESOME!

There they are, apparently discussing some finer points of engineering. Actually, Griffin and Brooklyn were having a bit of a spat here, but we got it worked out quickly.
They really are the sweetest boys ever! I'm so glad we got to spend the day with them. I told Wendy they are welcome at my house anytime!! Here's hoping we get another play day soon. Goodness knows, the girls NEED it! OY!
Clever boys and grumpy girls,
Allyson



1 comment:

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Love your pictures!! LOve this post!! Can't believe I have been off blogging to have missed this gem! Now I know why Griffin was SO eager to get back there. We'll have to do it again soon!