Sunday, October 10, 2010

These are the days of my life....

Man I love these two kiddos.

You guys.....seriously...................................

Life is just a crazy roller coaster of, well

Here's the deal, my house is filthy, my kids are getting baths like every 2nd or 3rd day, I'm completely exhausted, I yell at the kids for not sleeping, 'cause I WANT TO SLEEP.  It's not cool people.  BUT, I see a light at the end of the tunnell.  Soon, very soon it will all be over and I can get back to some semblance of normal (whatever THAT is).

Here's just a brief little rundown of the last 2 weeks, straight up.

Monday Sept. 27  1:30 p.m.:  Jere no longer has a job with what was s'posed to be a "dream job".  We are in shock.  Don't know what we're going to do.
9:30 p.m.:  Jer gets a call from my cousin offering him a onetime job that will pay him twice what he'd normally make in a month.  First miracle.

Friday Oct. 1: Keeping my head above water.  Finish blocking the entire show. ready to run all of the 2nd act and see where we're at.  Jer has some great possibilities for new groups.

Sunday Oct. 3 7:45 p.m.: Very exciting meeting for Jer with the parents of all the kids in the Glee group he co-directed with Tracie.  Seems they all recognize what a lying whore his former boss is, and they ALL left the studio and decide to keep the Glee group together with Jer and Tracie as the directors.  He will make slightly MORE than he was making at the studio for doing less time.  Miracle #2. We are grateful.  ( bro. in law drove himself to the emergency room and was admitted for emergency gall bladder surgery.  WHOA!)
10:00 p.m.:  Jere comes home from the meeting complaining he doesn't feel good.  Freezing, shivers, aches, sore throat.

Monday Oct. 4:  Notice some dots on max, but figure they're some more heat rash.  Jere is MISERABLE!  We don't have insurance, or money, so try to wait the sickness out.  Ran the 2nd act of Oliver....Hot mess! (My crazy bro. in law drove HIMSELF home from the hospital, not for the lack of offers from others)

Tuesday Oct. 5:  Hmmm, are those more dots on Max, nah, I'm probably just imagining it.  Jere is worse, alternating 102 degree fevers.  Talked to my Mom, she says it definitely sounds like strep.  CRAP!  I call the doctor, only available appointment is Wed. morning at 7:30 a.m.  We take it.  Jere actually ASKED for a Priesthood blessing (miracle) and asks our friend Jim to come and give it.  They had a wonderful visit and he gave Jere a beautiful blessing, assuring him of his health and many other personal and wonderful things.  That night we had another miracle that I won't go into, just know that it was HUGE and another affirmation to us that God is real and constantly aware of us and our needs.

Wed. Oct 6:  Jer goes to the doctor, as she recoils in "fear" she declares it a HORRIBLE case of strep and gets him on an antibiotic immediately.
I notice MORE wierd dots on Max.  It occurs to me that this could be "something" not good.  I called my Mom, my Sister, because they're my all knowing, go to Moms of knowledge.  Couldn't get a hold of them, so i called all my best knowing Mommies until I found one who answered.  Explained the spots, where they were, etc.  Yep, CHICKEN POX!  My weeks was getting better by the day!  Tried to run the entire show, didn't finish.  I need to work with my leads...get them in the "right place." (bro. in law goes back to work, crazy)

Thursday Oct 7:  Woke up at 2 a.m. could NOT go back to sleep.  Brain would not shut off, show stuff, job stuff, life stuff.  Got up, checked e-mail.  Finally went back to bed and sleep at 4:30 a.m.  Maggie came in at FIVE A.M.  Of COURSE she did.  Chicken Pox confirmed by 2 more all knowing Moms.  Thankfully Max has had the vaccine, and it's a mild case.  Plus, I have the nicest "sick" kids ever who hardly ever show how sick they are.  Well, unless you count Maggies "Sass" problem.  That is a sickness I can't figure out HOW to cure.  YIKES!

Friday Oct 8:  I'm EXHAUSTED!  Have I mentioned Max has CHICKEN POx and Jere has strep. OY!  Dealing with Jere, figuring out show stuff, taking care of the kids.  Total breakdown over set stuff.  (Sweetest moment EVER:  As I was laying on the bed sobbing, umm maybe because I'm sleep deprived, stressed and not fully understanding the set situation. Maggie is very concerned.  After asking me several times what was wrong, and patting me, hugging me, offering kind words, she left the room and returned a moment later with her beloved "night night" blanket and laid at next to me.  Seriously, SWEETEST moment.) Finding out my set designer is LEAVING TOWN for an entire week the week before we open.  We're nowhere near done.  Misunderstanding on a set piece.  Pissed off the shop guy on accident. 
Dance/spacing rehearsal.  We're in good place. Got to talk to most of my leads, really discuss character and figure stuff out.  Long emotional day.

Saturday Oct 9:  Maggie woke up at 1 a.m. and 3 p.m. just for kicks and giggles.  OR because she somehow KNEW that I had to get up early and do a workday for 9 hours.  Such a sweetheart.  Got up and out to workday by 8:00 a.m.  Made up with the shop guy.  All is well.  Worked on the set until 6:00.  Got a lot done, but sooooo much more to do.  My legs and feet sort of HATE me.

In the meantime...the kitchen floor looks like Max painted a masterpiece with yogurt and cereal.  My bedroom is buried under shmutz and dust.  And somewhere there is a bathroom sink under the soapscum.  I can't seem to drum up enough energy to do the deeper cleaning I need to. However, I DID organize all the books in the kids room, change my sheets and do 3 loads of laundry.  So i guess I'm not a total loss.....yet!  One day I'll get a nap or a decent nights sleep, AND I'll be able to get back to blogging something other than, blah, boo hoo blah, blah, I'm tired and my family is all sick.

Starting tomorrow we go into tech week.  5 hour rehearsals, fixing, polishing, lighting, spacing, running, etc.  It's gonna be long, but soon enough it'll be over.
Then 3 dress rehearsals and we OPEN!

Lest anyone think I'm a bawl baby complainer...I do want you to know that there are a lot of good things.  I'm grateful for wonderful people in my life.  Great family, loving friends and small miracles each and every day.  I know that this "crazy" time is just a small moment.  Soon enough it'll be over and we'll look back on this time and either laugh at it or wonder how we survived.

In the least you now know..."the days of my life."

Sleepless in Mesatown,


P.S.  Update on my little Payne family, pledgie account from the post before.  There has been an amazing response.  They're up to $6200.00, which will definitely pay for nursing care for a month.  Tom and Joy are overwhelmed by the generosity of others. And so thrilled at the idea that help is on the way.  Just thought you'd like to know.


Rocketgirl said...

And you still find time to comment on my silly blogs?!?! You are a warrior woman!!!! I love all the miracles you note - you guys are seriously amazing. I couldn't handle half that at one time, oh no. I'd move to South America first ;)

Kellie said...

I feel like I'm caught up on your life. Man, I hope things ease up for you.

(And, you know, it could be worse, your man could have been fired, say, for cheating on you while working...)

The Driggs said...

I feel like I need to take a nap after reading about your exhausting week! I wish I lived in Mesa, I'd come and deep clean for you! I am sorry you have had to go through all this. Things will work out, and things will get better! Love you!

Kristina P. said...

Holy cow, woman! That is a crazy week. Maybe this means you will get 2 years of bliss and easiness, since all this is crammed into one week!

Hope everyone gets better.

Wendy said...

It seems odd to say I loved this post, but hey, I am a sucker for wild sob stories mingled with miracles! Wowza Chicken Pox and Strep Throat, what a week!

Way to go keeping up with all of that. I'm impressed!

DianD said...

And do I feel guilty for leaving you in the middle of all that AND making you drive us to the airport at the ungodly hour of 4:45 A.M. besides! I'm sure you'll survive somehow, but at least when I was here you did have a little extra babysitting help! LOVE YA and know that you will survive!... See you on the 22nd in time to find out how opening night went!

Katherine Josh said...

Loquat is for cough and lung in Chinese medicine. Sometimes i would take the Ninjiom Pei Pa Koa which is an extract of loquat when got sore throat.

You can access info online @

TornadoTwos said...

OH my goodness, could anything else possible get thrown at you??? I hope the next few weeks are calm and full of nothing but good news- you've earned it!

The Atomic Mom said...

I am sorry. You know if I was there, I'd so come and scrub your floor for you!

Minky {moo} said...

Dude if anyone thinks you're being a baby by complaining, send em my way. I gotta can of whoopass with their name on it!
HOLY COW! Talk about the awful being balanced with the wonderful. But Chicken pox? With a toddler? And a husband with strep?
Calgon take you away!!!! Hopefully everyone is feeling better asap.

alison said...

so glad to hear that things are getting more positive on the job front for jere. pays off when you are AWESOME and other people see that and recongnize it. kuddos to those kids' parents :) we've been having very similar times lately, you and i (does that surprise you? bc we have NOTHING in common, except ours was more stomach virus running rampant instead of chicken pox. you can KEEP the pox mess on the west coast, thank you very much. of course we are currently monitoring ava girl for any signs of pneumonia bc she's had a righteous cold for about 5 weeks now and it's migrating into her chest. fab.u.lous. AND we're battling molluscum contagiosum with hkay AND chan.....which is apparently highly contagious yet there's nothing you can do about it and it can take weeks, months, or even years to process through their systems. yippee. BUT, we just keep on smiling, keep on praying, and keep on keepin' on because the alternative just doesn't sound like much fun. i say that now, since i have already had MY meltdown and got it out of my system!! ;)

Hello! I'm Kate. said...

I left you an award over at my place!

I try to enjoy all the crazy stuff on a daily basis & today has been one of those days where I'm ready for it to be over so that I can look back on it & laugh about it. Hopefully, I'll be laughing tomorrow after a few hours of sleep! lol

Jen West said...

just keep swimming, just keep swimming... right?! so sorry it has been a doozy of a ride, recently. glad the sickies aren't too serious and it will all pass.

Anastasia said...

It will get better! I promise. ;)Glad you've had a few miracles to tide you over.