Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas part Deux

Christmas morning dawned bright and earl....well, actually...Maggie chose that day to change her whole sleeping pattern and slept until 8:30. She has never slept so late, but wouldn't you know, she is now sleeping that late almost every day. Anyway, it gave us time to get up, get the fire started and for Jere, the Christmas music playing in the background. The scene was set, NOW we could let Maggie experience her Christmas morning.



I sort of forgot to take many pictures, though I did take a bunch of video, so we're covered. But, this is Jere showing off his i-home. It's his best present and he was quite pleased with it. Phew!

Yes, you ARE looking at a CAT keyboard. Me, of all people who hates ALL things cats and cat related bought my child a cat keyboard. So shoot me, I couldn't help it. It's a really cute keyboard and it does some neato things. Everyday she plays a little on her mialmo (piano).


Christmas days are spent at my sister Danas house. It's a truly fun day, eating, and eating and playing games, and hanging out and eating, and playing and eating. Here Max got a wee bit too sleepy and just conked out in the midst of it all.


Oh you're seeing correctly, that is totally my Mom kickin it on the bike. My bro and sis in law got themselves "cruisers" for Christmas. We all took a turn, and somewhere there is photographic evidence of me on the bike too (I'm sure it's scary). Anyway, my Mom was adorable out there riding around.


Maggie LOVES her Uncle Troy. Every morning when he drops Brooklyn off, Maggie INSISTS on loves and hugs from Troy. I just love this shot of them, she's sharing her phone conversation with him.

Max enjoyed a bit of the Suns game with Uncle Eric. He really sat there for quite some time taking it all in. To bad the Suns went and lost it. BOO!



SOME people like to do puzzles, I would NOT be one of them. Dixie and Shane brought over this behemoth of a puzzle and it took 2 days to do. Please see her entry regarding this puzzle, it's quite funny. I did sit at the table for some time and attempted to match a few pieces. It was HARD!

Maggie always likes to make sure she's right in the middle of it all, especially where the 3 princesses are concerned.


My Daddio and Jenny playing some Sequence. Danas house isn't very big, but somehow it all works out. Even if you have to put game tables up in the doorway and couches in front of the bookshelves.


At the end of a LONG day Gramma and my kiddies just resting on the chair. Maggie had absolutely REFUSED to nap. So I was SURE that she'd be zonked out the instant we got in the car for home. NOPE, she stayed awake the whole way home, taking her shoes and socks off and studying her feet very intently. But, we had her in bed by 7:00 and then we settled in to watch a movie. We ended up watching "Mama Mia", it was ok, mindless I guess. Anyway, all in all it was a very lovely day. There is never anything better than spending time with family.
Hope you all had a fantastical Christmas and that you have a great New Year.










6 comments:

Crandell Fam said...

Cute pictures! I didn't take hardly any at Dana's, and now I'm sad. I have so much catching up to do it's just overfreakinwhelming. Good for you for being so on top of things! P.S. I LOVE Maggie's Christmas dress. So cute!!

Erock! said...

Max is showing a lot of class at such a young age. He obviously likes sports and his Uncle Eric. Very classy lad!

Lana said...

Maggie and Nixon do make a handsome pair. Isn't it funny how the girls do the chasing during the younger years? Just as long as you teach that hussy to cool it when it comes time--gotta play hard to get, you know. :)

Dixiechick said...

You got a perfect sampling of the day. Lovely job. Love Maggie and the purses.

Crandell Fam said...

Oh I'm sorry...I just posted a bunch of blogs all morning and didn't even realize I'd totally stolen your title for the Christmas Part Deux. Woops! Great minds and all that... :)

jen said...

Whew! Great to see your Christmas. We just got back from Greer today, so I hope y'all didn't try to come by. Are you all recovered? Christmas is so great, but so exhausting!
Jen