Thursday, December 4, 2008

THANKSGIVING PICTORIAL

At long, LONG last I FINALLY have a moment to get on here and post. Shoot, this is the first time in 2 days I've been able to check blogs, e-mail, etc. As Maggie is in bed (currently crying) and Max is fed and so contentedly laying in his bed looking at the bear mobile and smiling, I feel peace and happiness. Honestly, there is nothing better, or more joyful than a sweet, beautiful baby laying quietly and happily watching the world around them. Well, perhaps the only thing better is, when they look up at you and smile for the first time. This morning Max looked me in the eyes and smiled. I melted a little bit, and my heart grew another foot in size. HOW is it possible to love something so much? When I have to leave him alone so I can get something done, and he's awake and just looking around, I feel bad, like I should be holding him and kissing him and loving him. He's such a sweet little boy, and I am so grateful for that! But, I digress. I'm here to show you some pics of Thanksgiving. I have a whole other post about my misdeeds of last night, but that will have to wait.



Anyway, Thanksgiving, I love it! I just really LOVE my family and ANY chance we have to spend together is my favorite time. We are all assigned different foods to bring, and somehow I lucked out with the mashed potatoes and corn assignment every year. I won't lie, I make an extra good, extra fluffy mashed potato, and some delicious corn as well, but sheesh, it's pretty cinchy. So, I made my 20 lbs. of potatoes, my crockpot full of corn and got the kids and myself ready and we were still the first ones there. This for some reason bugged Jere, but I for one was proud of myself.




I swear I 'm not gonna talk anymore though. Just some pictures of the day.



I'm thankful for Jer, 'cause he keeps life interesting and he makes me laugh. He also works hard to keep us in the "chips". Thanks Jere for all you do.
I'm thankful for the stunningly beautiful weather that made this outside joy possible.


Our family, minus Max . He spent the day being cuddled by Lanas sister Erlynn, and if not her, then someone else had him, then Erlynn held him, the someone else, then Erlynn. Thanks to Erlynn for keeping him loved and cuddled all day.


Maggie had a GREAT time on Daddy's shoulders. You should see the picture where her huge line of drool is dripping onto his head, that was awesome.

I'm thankful that Jere loves my parents and moments like this can happen.

This photo is to prove that Max did in fact exist (in an outfit that bitterly did not get documented as well as it should) oh and to show just how many people you can fit on one couch at a time.

This my friends is the definition of HOT!

I'm thankful for the gift of music. This is the point of the day where the music books are busted out and everyone gets a turn at singing/performing a song of their choice. It's fun, it's entertaining and I'm sure it's wierd to some people. But hey, that's how we likes 'em at our house.

I know what you're thinking...gingerbread houses, but it's Thanksgiving? Well, this is a delightful new tradition that Jeres Mom started with us last year. She brings everything, and the kids have a grand time putting them together. Super fun, and keeps them occupied.


Uh, well, that's just sweet.



And finally....I'm thankful for my little Jayce. He is my sweet little buddy, and he loves me too! He has a thing for this ratty swing under my parents orange tree. Just he and the dog were hanging out, it was such a sweet little pic.

Anywho, my Thanksgiving was grand, hope all of you had a great one as well. The day after (Friday) I got the house all decorated, it is at its Christmasy best. I also went to Costco and Sports Authority on Black Friday, got what I needed, and it was not so bad out there. I think my shopping is done, minus a few gifts for relatives. Good, 'cause if you know me at all, you know that I'm not a big fan of the Christmas gifting. It's all to expensive and I'm just WAY to practical for it all. Poor Jere, it puts such a damper on his 5 year old spirit and love of the Holiday.

A shout out to Joyce and her sweet new baby that she got to bring home on Thanksgiving...CONGRATS!

To Carson, your google name is the BEST! Thanks for making me laugh outloud and relive my memories!

To the rest of you...love and kisses!

5 comments:

Greg and Tammy said...

Fun pictures! Oh and how beautiful your home is at Christmas time! Love it. Ok and I love that you guys get together and sing... my fam does the same thing and it is so fun!

jen said...

Do you think Tucker would let the rest of us have a chance at our house? Doubtful! Didn't know you were dissatisfied with the giving thing. Interesting. You and Brad should discuss. He'd agree with you!

Dana said...

Great post...but I'm still waiting for "Max in the freaking cutest Sunday outfit ever." *stare*

Hey one more thing....can you learn how to upload pictures to your blog that we can click on and see them real big. You always have such great pictures, but I need them LARGE. (I don't know how to do it, but someone does.)

Lana said...

seeing all your pictures makes me sad that I didn't take a single one of the Thanksgiving afternoon. Sigh.

Silky Smooth and the Night Rangers said...

Glad you like it! What did Jere Say?