Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Six Months to Forever

To my dear SWEET Max -




It is so hard to believe that just 6 months ago you came to join our little family. I didn't know what it was going to be like to have a little boy. I didn't know that I could love something/someone so much that my heart would explode every time I looked at them. I learned that was possible with Maggie, and you have enlarged my heart and my capacity to love even more! You came to us with your perfect round head and perfect 8 lb. 6 oz. body. You came out with your eyes wide open, ready to take in the world around you.


Your first night in the hospital you were sooooo calm and so quiet. You slept through the entire night. I kept waking up every hour or so just to make sure you were ok. There you were, breathing peacefully, sleeping soundly.

You are such a sweet little guy. You just watched your big sister and cousin play around you, and let them "pat" you endlessly.

You had some jaundice, so I would lay you on the couch in the sun while you slept. You were such a good sport about it.






I loved you in this Sunday outfit so much! The Law family said you looked like a little Professor. I guess you did, but you sure made a CUTE professor.


You began smiling early at just about 2 months. It was such a new sensation for us, because your sister was very stingey with her smiles. I can't tell you how much happiness your beautiful smile brings to us.

You grew and grew so quickly.


You had so many great pairs of pajamas, there were just never enough nights to wear them.



My heart melts each and every morning when you wake up and the first thing you do is smile a HUGE smile at me. I wonder how I got so lucky to have another amazingly sweet and happy baby.

You began to roll over at 4 1/2 months. It made your sleeping a little difficult, because you were a tummy sleeper. Suddenly you'd wake up on your back, and it made you really angry. Thankfully we've worked through that.

You make me happy every single day. I thank my Heavenly Father for sending you. I'm thankful for your laughter and giggles, for your sweet spirit and for your adorableness.

I love your gorgeous blue eyes....thanks Daddy for those.


How is it possible that you've become such a little man already? We woke up one day and your were an adorable chubby bub. You LOVE to eat, you're always ready for a meal. At 6 months you weigh nearly 19 lbs. and you're so strong, you can pick things up or knock them over with real skill. I'm just waiting for you to sit up all by yourself, it's not too far off.

Thank you so much for coming to live with us. Thank you for every day of smiles, giggles, melting Mommies heart, joy and laughter. Thank you for bringing such a peace and calm with you. We love you so much and can't wait to see what the next six months to FOREVER bring us.
I love you forever
I'll Like you for always.......
Mom















5 comments:

Wendy said...

How wonderfully sweet. Loved it. He is so loveable! They grow way to fast. He will love reading this when he is older.

Lana said...

I can't believe how fast 6 months has gone, yet it seems like he's been around for longer than that! He's a SWEET boy. I hope I get a sweetie like him. :)

Mel said...

He's so lucky to have you for a Mommy. I can't believe it's been 6 months already. I love the picture of him sleeping in the sunlight. So precious! Here's to another 6 months sweet baby Max! :)

jen said...

That was darling. It's weird how little boys steal their momma's hearts, isn't it? Only after you've had a son do you understand it . . .

Dixiechick said...

That is exactly how I felt about Owen. Even with the smiles being so fun since his sister was stingy with hers. Baby boys do steal your heart so maybe now you can understand how I love Owen so much still...even though he is enough to drive anyone insane right now. He was a sweet little baby too...and that sweet little baby is still inside of him. Cute post.