Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween....it happens

Ok, let's just get it out there.  We all know that I am NOT so much a fan of Halloween.  In fact, I am Scroogey McScroogerton when it comes to costumes, handing out candy, etc.  Come to think of it, I AM a fun sucker.  However...little kids dressed up in various costumes ARE super cute.  So, due to the kindness of family, strangers and or friends, my kids have had costumes every year.  Seriously, they would be SCREWED without the good people in our lives.

This year Maggie had no less than THREE costumes, all due to a costume box of joy that Jenee gave us last year, AND our friend Rebecca who is actually a costumer by trade.  We were at her house for something else the other night and she said, take whatever you want.  So, Maggie, Daddy and Max scored costumes.  Once again, I DON'T DO COSTUMES (ignore the year I wore a shaggy dog costume and sweated to death).

I will say though, after traipsing through bloggy land, looking at everyone elses Halloweens, I am MIGHTY impressed wtih peopls creativity and ingenuity.  It is amazing what these people come up with.  And, I felt a bit guilty reading how much they all LOVE Halloween, and how much FUN it was to come up with costumes, or whatever.  I really need to work on my crappy attitude.  ::sigh:: there is A LOT I need to work on, but that'll have to wait for another day, another post.

Here ya go....pics of the kiddies (and Daddy) in all their Halloweeny glory.

Our first Halloween Trunk or Treat
Maggie as a "ballerina"/ice skater with laceless tap shoes (her insistance)
Max as Bam Bam/caveman/Tarzan


Really?  What is NOT to love about this little jungle kid? 
I can't even handle the cute.

For her school carnival
Little Miss Mermaid Princess


In this pose Maggie is apparently a Bollywood Ariel
Brooklyn is a beautiful Ballerina.  No seriously....look at the long lines on that child.


What?  I couldn't help it.

Our Raggedy Annes
Jer is silly and loves any opportunity to dress up, especially if he can wear a dress, hahahahaa.
He just thought it would be SO FUN to be "twins" with Maggie.
And I'm not gonna lie....

They were pretty dang adorable traipsing around the neighborhood party.

As for me...I'm just glad it's over.
Now, who has a great costume they want to lend us for next year?

Candy comas and sugar shock,

Allyson

13 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Seems like your husband makes up for your fun suckerness.

Tractor Mom said...

You did pretty good for not liking Halloween!

Lana said...

My oh my she is fancy. I think the thing that annoys me about Halloween is the dressing up 8 different times. Lame. Why not just dress up to go trick or treating like the good ole days?! :)

Unknown said...

The costumes - all of them - were awesome! I do love Halloween and dressing up, but I HATE the candy, the kids asking for candy, 24 / 7... ugh. Don't tell anyone, but I sometimes I throw a little bit of it away when I walk past the trash can so it disappears sooner :-)

Unknown said...

The costumes - all of them - were awesome! I do love Halloween and dressing up, but I HATE the candy, the kids asking for candy, 24 / 7... ugh. Don't tell anyone, but I sometimes I throw a little bit of it away when I walk past the trash can so it disappears sooner :-)

Unknown said...

The costumes - all of them - were awesome! I do love Halloween and dressing up, but I HATE the candy, the kids asking for candy, 24 / 7... ugh. Don't tell anyone, but I sometimes I throw a little bit of it away when I walk past the trash can so it disappears sooner :-)

Unknown said...

I love all their costumes! Your hubby has the Halloween spirit, so you can be off the hook. Thanks for visiting Marlie and Me!

lori said...

adorable!

Aimee said...

I love halloween. when I was younger it was for the candy and playing dress up. As I got to college age and then wher i am now I will admit that I love any excuse to dress kind of hoochie without people giving me dirty looks (hey ill grow out of it soon )

Anyway their costumes were super cute and I love the ragedy anns. :)

alison said...

we still have two more costume soirees to attend....and my kiddos are gonna wear the exact same costume to all of them. of course, in my defense....they are SUPER cute in their costumes so i see no need to change them up. also, no one bothered to give me a box o'free gear so they were allotted one costume a piece! and i'm with you on the whole "i don't do dress up" situation. the shindig this weekend is for kiddos AND parents to be in costume. i'm thinking of going as a disgruntled librarian. i'm thinking i could pull it off rather nicely ;)

JoJo said...

Awww such adorable costumes!

DianD said...

Cute costumes, cute kids (including the big one), awesome blogger for capturing them all. I loved Halloween and making the costumes... hate the candy hypers. I loved Halloween and the treats when I was growing up, but that's because that was truly about the only time (that and Christmas stockings) we ever had candy! Now it never stops! UGGGG! And neither do the obese results! anyway... another soap box topic for later.
On to the grateful month... I'm thankful for you and your sweet family! Lots of joy here!

The Atomic Mom said...

You always have an invitation to sit with me in the pumpkin patch to wait for The Great Pumpkin with Linus....not a fan of the Halloween, not at all.