Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Overheard....toddler addition

So, this morning as I was busily and hurridly picking up the kids room (due to hurricane Max and the book shelf destruction of 2010) the girls were looking at a book and  giggling and talking.

The book...."I know an old lady who swallowed a fly...perhaps she'll die."

They would ask eachother, "Why would she swallow that?"

Well, they got to the next to the last page, in which the woman has now swallowed the horse.  And she is looking enormous, ROTUND if you will.

(my apologies...best I could do was copy it and scan it)
As they perused this picture and giggled at how ridiculous she looked; 

Maggie said:  She's fat like a Mommy.
Brooklyn:  Mommies aren't fat like that!
Maggie:  I know, they're just fat like THAT


As she turned and pointed straight at ME!!

Kids are AWESOME!

Fat mommily yours,

Allyson

11 comments:

alison said...

kids have no filter...i swear. i had one come up to me today and say, "mrs. shoaf...what are you? like 49??" so maybe i rushed a little during my makeup routine this morning...but i didn't think that i'd added 18 YEARS to my appearance! sheesh. i think that's why God made kids so cute though...so we wouldn't kill them when they say things like that ;)

Cheeseboy said...

Kids are so up front. I get called gorilla arms by my first graders at least once a week.

La Yen said...

Grounded and beatings.

The Bipolar Diva said...

Oh kids! That reminds me of when my son said that I wasn't so bad for someone my age!

The Bipolar Diva said...

Oh, and you are BEAUTIFUL!

jen said...

I'm with La Yen--beatings and grounding.
And . . . no more books. Take that!

Dana said...

Yikes..... Maybe she's hear YOU say that a time or two?? We've all got to stop talking smack about ourselves. But your story did make me think of the time I was watching a kid give his talk in primary and his mom was trying to help him say the words. She leaned down to tell him what to say and he turned to her and said (very loudly into the microphone), "Mom get your big yellow teeth out of my face!!" It was AWESOME!

Tracie said...

haha gotta love those kiddies. Maybe mason was right....maybe we all need to cut down on the eggs and ham and cheese sandwiches. LOL!! Seriously, kids are the best!

Greg and Tammy said...

Sounds like it's time to throw that ol' book away. :)

Glad you had fun at the Suns game. I love going to them myself, but we hardly ever make it. Glad you enjoyed some court action.

DianD said...

OUCH! I told you to quit saying things like that! She's heard you too often and besides, you sure don't want to be guilty of those darn "self fulfilling prophacies!" Now maybe you'll listen to your mom!

Andrea said...

Little STINKER!!!!!!