Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Overheard

It was well past bedtime.  Celebrations celebrated.  Baths had.  Stories read.  Songs sung, secrets told, hugs and kisses had, and still the whining persisted.

I walked back for another check to see what was going on.  As I approached the end of the hall, just outside the kids door, I could hear Maggie angrily saying something.

It went a little something like this:

"Mommy is mean.  You know why she's mean?  Because she wouldn't put the purple thing away.  That means Mommy is a Poo, Poo, POO-ER!"

I may or may not have peed my pants laughing.

And for the record...this is how we got to this point.

Approximately 2.5 seconds AFTER I walked out of their room, following said, reading, singing, secret telling, loving, kissing, tucking, etc.  She was at it.  She was yelling for something.  I walked back in and as she prostrated herself across the front of her bed she wailed...."I caaaaaan't sleeeep.   I caaaaannn't sleep on my bed.  I'm NOT gonna sleep on my bed.  I'm gonna sleep on the floor."

To which I replied....good for you.  Have a great time.  Enjoy the floor.  And then I turned to go.  She yelled after me "I want the big purple blanket."

I kindly obliged (I'm working on my kindness) and retrieved said quilt.  I laid it out on the floor.  She screamed it was WRONG!  So, I folded the quilt and tried again.  To which she screamed again, it was alllllllll wrong!  Then she kicked the quilt.  Then she said she didn't want no stinkin blanket.  She was just gonna lay on the floor with her own night night.  So I said...great.  GOODNIGHT!  This was followed by her yelling at me to GET IT (the now offensive quilt) OUT OF HER ROOM!  I lovingly said, NO!  "And STOP telling ME what to do."  I was gonna show her, wasn't I.

I left, she proceeded to complain, yell and screech about this ridiculous quilt.  Then, it got relatively quiet.  Which lead to my walk down the hall to check.  And I was greeted by her aforementioned quote.

I love my daughter.

She is totally nutts, and I'm on the crazy train trying to deal with her.  But really...she's hilarious!



Purple quilts and poo poo-ers,

Allyson

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I am just sitting here laughing because she sounds just like you.

Kirsten said...

oh my gosh, that picture made me laugh out loud! What a perfect picture for this post!

LadyCarma said...

The logic of children! Like the time Tatum used her kid logic. The situation was Tatum kept getting ear infections. Lana was having the talk with her about not putting her fingers in her mouth because of germs which lead to her getting sick and getting sore ears. Tatum says: "I don't put my fingers in my ears!"
Maggie is all girl, first born! There is nothing more to say.

DianD said...

Wow! You were waaaaaayyyyy nicer than I would have ever been! Lucky Maggie to have a Mom who will try to accommodate her and then leave with just a "Don't talk to ME like that anymore," after trying so hard to make life comfortable for her! Way to go, Allyson, you ole poo poo pooer! :)

jen said...

The story was funny, but what about the pic?
Laughing!

alison said...

i. love. that. face!!! no matter what i do blog-wise....i will ALWAYS keep coming back to see what maggie is up to. and to monitor max and make sure you're treating my boy right at all times :)

Erock! said...

She is yours and Jere's child after all.

Lana said...

I agree with Dian--wayy nicer than I would have been. But aren't we always a little too nice and willing to overlook our own kids' naughty behavior? You're a nice Mommy. I'm mean. :)

Steph said...

ha ha ha ha! Awesome!

Andrea said...

You are such an ole poo poo pooer! I would have catered to her and sat there for hours on end trying to figure our what the little princess wanted! :o)