Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's a little bit ridiculous.....

A few weeks ago there was an e-mail from my sis in law Lana.  She wanted all the "ladies" of the family to get together for a day.  She was giddy, but it was a secret.  Well, we prevailed and insisted she tell us just what her big idea was.  She had the grand and wild idea that she wanted all of us "sisters" and my Mom to get together for a real life photo shoot.  Random...yes.  Fun, OF COURSE!

So today was our big shoot.  We got to use an amazing photographer and take some awesome pics.  I'm DYING to see the finished product.  And trust me, when we have some finished product, I will totally be sharing them with you.

But for now, you'll have to settle for a couple of little shots from my lame-o point and click.  Just so you can get the idea of what was going on, and see how "hot" the ladies in my life are.

My little sis and mom watching while the great Allison Jones photographer does her thing.

Dixies shot.  We each took individual shots as well as group shots.

Jodie my sis in law.  She IS a model in real life.

We're a smoosh washed out, due to lighting issues with my lil' camera
But how cute is my Mom with her little pose.


Lighting or not, we do like to have FUN!


But you do have to admit.  It's a little bit ridiculous....
To have this much "hot" in one place.
I'm only a little sad that there weren't any fans to blow our lucious locs around.


After having a blast taking pics and laughing a lot, we headed to lunch.
Jenny and I with Dixie hijacking our shot in the background.

We had a delicious lunch at "Crackers", good conversation and just an overall fantastic day.

Today was exactly what this girl needed.
I LOVE my family so much.
I love to spend time with them, to talk to them to laugh with them, and now to "model" with them.

Thanks so much to Lana for having this great idea and for orchestrating it.  It'll be a fond memory for many years to come.

Having a family like mine.....
It's a little bit ridiculous!

Flash bulbs and lip gloss,

Allyson


14 comments:

Rita Templeton said...

HOT MAMAS!!!

I *heart* your family!!!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Wow, everyone is so pretty!!!

Love the photos.

JoJo said...

How fun and what an adorable family!

Dana said...

We are so lucky and blessed with our family. I love them all and I loved today too.....even if I am a freaking head case and totally missed out on the photogenic and modeling genes. Was a brilliant idea by Lana and so awesome of Allison to work her magic.

Kristina P. said...

You guys are one hot family!

alison said...

can't even handle all the hotness!! i love that y'all did that....SO much fun! my family (myself included) routinely flee from any and all manner of camera, so this would just be a wild dream that shall never see the light of day for us. looks like oodles of fun though....can't wait to see the final pics :)

Jen West said...

so cute! i first saw the pix on fb and i love them. that does look like an amazing group of sistas!

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Everyone looks gorgeous! How fun.

Greg and Tammy said...

What a cute and fun idea! And yes, you gals are all stunning! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Mel said...

You all look beautiful. What a fun day and special memories to have forever.

DianD said...

I'm still pinching myself that I have such awesome daughters...all 6 of you! Beautiful, zany, talented, fun, thoughtful, kind, WOW! To quote the song... "Who could ask for anything more!" So glad your brothers were wise enough to mary such awesome women to to go with the 4 I birthed...
Fun, fun, fun day! Thanks for documenting!

Eve said...

OMG - that looks like so much fun! And you all look fantastic! :D

Crandell Fam said...

LOVED IT!!! So much fun! :)

Kellie said...

You have a gorgeous family! I can't wait to see the final photos.