I was between numbers with kids and picked up my phone in the office. The text went a little something like this. "Ummm, Maggie just got stung by a scorpion in my closet. I'm really sorry." "She's being really tough." What am I s'posed to do with that? I just had to take her word for it that she was ok. And then I relied on the knowledge that my nephew had been stung several times in the weeks previous and was fine. And then I just felt bad that she'd been stung. I mean, you're not gonna die from a scorpion sting, but it HURTS really, REALLY bad. Apparently Maggie said to Jere, "I was playing hide and seek and that scorpion was just playing STING." And to make matters worse, that darn scorpion stung her on her BUM! RUDE! She came home with a small ice pack on her bum that she insisted on wearing in her shorts for the next 2 days (even though it had long lost its cold). And I must say, she really WAS a trooper. But, to add insult to injury this was the last in a string of stings.
The week before she was out in the pool at Grammas house and got stung by a bee. Which was tragic only because the week before THAT she got her first bee sting at Gramma Dars house. Seriously? Three times in three weeks she got punched by mother nature.
The good news here is....she's not allergic to any of that. AND, she has shown she got my pain threshhold and took it like a champ. Thank goodness!
Good thing she's a tough pirate "hooker". hehe
Speaking of "the sting."
I have lived in Arizona for 38 years (well, minus 2 years between my mission and living in Utah) and I can honestly say I've NEVER seen a scorpion in any home I lived in or was in. I know they're around. I have friends and family members who have dealt with them. But NOT ME! Until...........................last week.
We had lived in the new house for exactly 1 day. I was in the kitchen, Jere went into our bathroom, and suddenly I heard a "HOLY SHIIIIIIT" and then he came running. I asked what the problem was and all he could say was....."scorpion, SCORPION, we have a scorpion." So, I went back there and sure enough, there it was....scurrying across the bathroom floor. Much to his credit, in spite of him being a hot mess of fear, he got a jar and caught that hideous thing.