Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bargain of the YEAR!!!

You GUYS!  YOU GUYS!  I'm so excited, I'm sort of peeing my pants here on the DEAL I found today.

So, there I was just meandering through the aisles (the very, very SMALL aisles) of Kohls in a random back wall area.  I was just minding my own business really.  Killing time, if you will.  When there it was, BA-BAM!  I look down at this pile of little leather ottomans and thought, "those are cute, practical with their storage and such, but I'm sure they're more than I'd want to pay."  and then, THEN this price tag pracitally SUH-LAPPED me in the face.

DO YOU SEE THAT?
EIGHT DOLLARS!
EIGHT DOLLARS!!!

Ok sorry, I'm calm now.  Phew, calmed down.  But seriously....eight dollars.  Can you even STAND it?  They were orginally forty bucks a piece.  I snatched up 4 of them for cheaper than the original price of one.  HELLO! 

Just what am I gonna do with them?  I don't know.  I don't care, they were EIGHT DOLLARS!  I mean, they will make great little toy boxes and can go in the kids room, where they like to sit on their current "boxes" and smoosh the crap out of them.  Or, they can line up beautifully here, and create much needed extra seating in my living room (Zach, next time you come, totally seat to sit on, instead of the floor).



And storage:



OR.......

I can just turn around and sell them on Craigslist for 20 bucks.  Oh the possibilities are endless here.  Whatever the case, I'm just thrilled.


quite possibly the most hideous picture of me!!!

Since I know you're wondering....Jeres financial aide FINALLY came in.  Deep sigh of relief.  Rent paid, bills paid, books bought AND money for amazing bargainous shopping at Kohls.  Happiness abounds.

If i were a good blogger, I'd just stop right here and now and save this other stuff for another post.  But, I'm just NOT a good blogger and I shall forge forward.

Remember awhile back when I said I wanted to redo my bedroom and I sold all the stuff out of said bedroom, and some other stuff?  Well, all that money went to things Jere needed, and I'm in a total STALL mode.  I have more stuff to sell on Craigslist, but noone is buying my great crib.  BOO!   So.....


This is as far as I've gotten.
At least I've picked some colors.

The thing is...I have SUCH amazing visions in my head.  I can see this room, and it is so beautiful.  I have cool ideas for this wall behind my bed....SO COOL!  Just need to get some money and time, and the real hutzpah to actually paint that nightstand and my dresser.  And strangely...my huge king size bed looks oddly small in this pic.

So anyway....awesome bargains, stalled decorating plans, financial aide, it's allllllllll good.

I'd also like to report....
**stye in the eye GONE!
**sick kids....mostly 100% better
**I have now cleverly replaced that with my own hideous cough that makes me want to poke hot daggers in my eyes.  Whatever.

And lastly, I swear, LASTLY...go find "My Fair Wedding" on WE station.  It's so FUN!!

Hot deals and giddy me,

Allyson

15 comments:

Kate Pantier @ Mommy Monologues said...

If I could get that for $8 I would have started crying from sheer joy! I always drool over those!

And we had our house professionally painted before we moved in 2 years ago. But we don't have a headboard on the bed & the pillows have rubbed off all the pant on the wall. :/ Such is life without a headboard I guess. lol

Natalie said...

First of all, LOVE Kohls. Best deals on earth there.

Secondly, Yay for financial aide!

Last, You are SO smart for putting the colors up like that. Do you know how many rooms I painted crappy colors because I couldn't wait to see what the paint chips would look like in different light? Smart woman, you are.

Sarah S. Foote said...

LOVE the deal! Are there any left?

jen said...

I was wondering if you were going to mention that man-voice of yours.
Get painting on that room!

The Atomic Mom said...

Holy Deal Princess! I love your $8 ottomans. Jelous!

Rita Templeton said...

I am totally green with envy! I use an ottoman almost exactly like that one in my living room to store the kids' toys - and I LOVE it. The cat has scratched ours all up and I'm dying for a new one, but they're usually so expensive. ... Except when you get them for EIGHT DOLLARS. OMG. Seriously?

Lucky girl!!

Saije Wright said...

UHMM that is one smoldering DEAL!! HOLY CANOLIE. Lucky!! =) Yay for no stye & no sickies! Can't wait to see the re-do on your bedroom

Kristina P. said...

I have little ottomans like that but without storage. I suck.

Stephanie @ dial m for minky said...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXx The Boss is helping me type so forgive any additional letters that may appear! HOLY GOOD DEAL Batman! Those are cute! I an't wait to see what you do to your bedroom. I love a good redo as you well know...

alison said...

honestly, if i could have a room full of ottomans....i totally would. and ones that open up to hold stuff? pah-riceless!! get them for $8 each and i've died and gone to heaven. i do hope you did a happy dance that was worthy of such a find!

as for the bedroom makeover....my walls are purple (lavender, if you wanna get specific) but my linens are brown, blue, and white-ish. it makes me nuts. i will live vicariously though your room transformation since i'm stuck with what i've got....so you better get to work!

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

Wow that is a room in desperate need of help! I like blue for bedrooms, it's almost always calming and serene.Good luck!

Jen West said...

I always drool over bargains, so hooray for you! The best part is the "mostly 100 percent" :)

Steph said...

LOVE clearance deals like that! Awesome!

Jere Van Patten said...

I know I'm the only one who keeps saying this, but I just don't see the point in spending the money to redo a room we'll be moving out of in sixish months!! NO SENSE!! Save the money so we can spend it on the NEXT house!! Please people, DON'T encourage this redo of a bedroom we're leaving in July!!

Thank you.

DianD said...

Have to agree with Jere on the room redo, but YEAH for your find on the Ottomons! I'd like one or two for our bedroom to hold things! What a good deal for a good product! Surely they're gone by now, however! Can hardly believe that you'll have to be out in July! :( We'll just have to hope for another miracle like that one that came along for you when it did! It will! BELIEVE!