Thursday, March 17, 2011

What is BOREDOM?!

Suppose it's Spring Break and you have NO students to teach, no extra kid to watch and NOTHING to do.  Just suppose it.  Well, I didn't get out of my pajamas on Mon. or Tues. until 3:00 or later.  In my defense I DID clean out the kids closet and drawers......AGAIN.  Got the kitchen cleaned, dusted my bedroom (sidenote: WHAT THE HELL.  So much dust), did laundry, cleaned my bathroom.  You know, a couple of things.  Nothing to excuse my tardy showering and dressing.  Today I determined was a pre-3:00 day.  Good thing my cousin Wendy texted about gathering at Peeper Piper (Peter Piper for you non Max speakers) for her sons birthday.  I scooted the kids out the door just after Noon and they had the time of their lives running and playing.  Got home just in time to toss them in bed for a nap, pick up the house (it NEVER ends), welcome the babysitter and head out the door.

What Allyson?  A babysitter?  Whatever for?

You see, while Jere is galivanting in L.A. and at the beach, I went off to work.  Tracie (the other half, but really ALL of Glee) works at a studio in Tempe.  She asked me to sub for six of her lessons.  Alright, fine, I can always use extra money. 

So again, SUPPOSE you're asked to sub for six lessons, or 3 hours of your time.  And then suppose that FOUR of those lessons, INAROW do not show up.  What the HECK is a girl to do with herself?  I mean really.  I'm in a little dingey room, in a little dingey studio and I know NO ONE!  I sang through some Les Mis, walked through the Goodwill next door  (LAME ONE) texted friends, but alas it 'twas not enough to fill this vast time void.  So again, I ask you....WHAT is a girl to do?

Well I did what any normal girl would do of course.

I took pictures of myself.

A LOT of pictures of myself. 

I'm so retarded it's just ridiculous.  No really, laugh. I did.

Let it be known, I spent 2 hours tonight uploading these pics on Picassa and TRYING to figure out how to make a collage.  It DIDN'T work.  BOO!  But I DID try to make this viewing easier for all involved.

So whatever, I will cut down the number considerably.  Just know there are A-LOT more where these came from.

And now....I present....BOREDOM per Allyson in the afternoon.

This was my I'm so irritated and bored face.
Then I decided to see what other faces I could make.

Whaaaaaa?


I think I've got a Baboon down perfectly.  Don't you?

All I see is Scuttle from Little Mermaid.
Don't ask.  I just do.

Thank you.  Thankyouverymuch.

I hate you and your ass face.


HMPH!
Has anyone seen Maggie?  Oh nevermind, THERE she is.
She makes this exact face more than any other.


So Hi-larious I'm apparently choking.
This reminds me of a little story:
Other night....Spelling Bee performance.  So RIDICULOUSLY funny that at one point I threw myself forward, and then back with such force, that my rockstar necklace came flying back and hit me smack in my teeth.  I feared I was gonna lose my front tooth.  Thankfully....it's ok.

WHut-EVER!


I'm so excited, I just can't hide it.

I'm a thinker.  That's what I am.

Tongue roller.
You?
But I can't flip.  Which has long bothered me.

I know a secret.  Tee hee.


OMG!  The killer tomato is coming this way.
Run for your life.

Jere sees THIS face A LOT!

I dunno....what chu wanna do?




My name is Allyson and I'm a DORK!

But at least I wasn't BORED for that 10 minutes.
AND, I got paid to act like a wierdo and take all these pics.
Score one for me.

Boredom and bedknobs,

Allyson

12 comments:

alison said...

girl, you crack me up. seriously! you ARE the "woman of a thousand faces" ;) i, too, can roll my tongue...but no flips. i was totally jealous of a middle school friend of mine who could flip her tongue over....she could also "clover" her tongue. my hubs can't roll his tongue though.....so now i wonder if my kids will be able to? and how the heck did we all figure out whether or not we could do such things???? who started all of this??? the chicken or the egg?????

The Atomic Mom said...

You are HILLLLAROUS! Did you find any good stuff at the goodwill?

Pini said...

"Well, then, I just hate you and I hate your ass face!"
"And I'll tell you why I can't put up with you people: because you're bastard people!"
Love your waiting for guffman quote...and face. LOVE that show!

jen said...

That post is hilarious. Seriously. Still laughing.
Still.

Lana said...

yes yes. you are a dork indeed. :)

Kristina P. said...

I'm really surprised you like theater. You don't seem like a drama queen at all! :)

Susan said...

I dare you to send me all those pictures in an email or 12...then I shall return to you a dandy surprise. I really shall.
smcook@gmail.com
Ready...Go!

DianD said...

How fun to document your "woman of a thousand faces" Now if you could only become as rich as Lon Cheney for doing it! :) The other good thing is ALL of your faces are cute! :) Lucky you!

Greg and Tammy said...

Too funny!!!

Sabes said...

Bwahahahaha!!! I love you! And I love how at every break when you stopped the pictures to tell a little story, I thought they were done. But, alas, there were plenty more coming, hahahahaha!

Susan said...

Oh poo...I left you my wrong email.

smcookmom@gmail.com (don't forget the mom)

Zach said...

This was not a good post to read (or look at) during class. I may or may not have laughed out loud.