Hey world, I seriously don't know what to do. I have apparently lost all ability to reason and or parent with Maggie, and I'm losing my mind a little bit. Not gonna lie. It's never a good thing when the Mommy is responding like a child to the child. But, I REALLY can't take the CONSTANT battles every.single.day, over the dumbest stuff EVER! Currently we are:
1. Not allowed to touch her hair, EVER! She goes into mass crying, head shaking, screaming fits. UNLESS the good fairy has magically kissed her brow and she deems it OK to do it. Then, she's calm as a cucumber, sweet as anything.
2. Not allowed to even MENTION putting shoes on. She will respond with a scream "NO, I don't want ANYFING!" She told me all shoes hurt her. Except, again, when she's got her gaurd down, or th shoe fairy visited, or her mood is JUST right, she happily parades around in any number of shoes.
3. Not allowed to pick her clothes, because inevitably they "BUG" or they're "Squished" (super wierd thing with her underwear are squished. Don't know what it means, other than she can't POSSIBLY wear them). So, there are only a few "suitable" items for wear. If we wear anything else, it's only after massive screaming, crying, kicking fits.
4. Not allowed to mention going to the potty. She's gone through some wierd regression this last week. She was a perfect pottier. Never an issue, told us everytime she needed to go. No accidents, etc. But, starting Saturday night, she peed all over the floor for the babysitter, and has peed on the floor a couple more times now. She REFUSES to sit on the toilet, because she will "fall in." UGH!!!
5. She is suddenly soooo scared of all the "amimals in the hallway, or her room." Yesterday, through wierd cries and sad faces, she told me she was sooo scared of.........the LAMP. The one sitting right next to us, providing light so we weren' in the dark, which is what you SHOULD be afraid of...THE DARK!
6. Not allowed to offer her food. She will yell.."NO!" "Not Anyfing!" BUT, if she asks first it's fine, or if you just put it on the table, she will come to it eventually like it's this just discovered treasure.
I'm just so at a loss. WHAT is happening? HOW do i deal with this? Because honestly...trying to ever leave the house is such a burdonsome chore, I almost don't want to do it. The battles are epic and exhausting. Where has my calm, happy child gone? Will she ever come back? HOW do I stay calm and get the job done?
I'm not kidding people, I need HELP!!!! I mean, a raggedy haired, shoeless girl is just NOT gonna cut it, not even at Wal-mart.
Throw downs and bad hair,
June 24th: Saturday Sharefest
17 hours ago