Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Did you say Par-TAY?

So today was Cuh-RAY-ZEEEE!  I didn't go to the gym AGAIN (boo), but that was because I'm a loser and stayed up until nearly 1 a.m. and when Maggie came in at 5:45, I was like WHATEVER!  Then, I had to get 3 kids ready, plus myself and get out the door by 10:30.  Which is better than T and TH when we all have to be out the door by 8:40 a.m.  HOLY CRAP!  But, that is not the point.  We got out the door slightly behind schedule and flew down the freeway toward our destination.

DESTINATION JUNGLE PARTY:

This is my niece Morgan...she turned 4.
And my sister Dixie (her Mom) threw a kickin party for the five 3 and 4 year olds of our family.
It was Jungle themed (cause Morgan lurves her some animals)


Maggie was given the elephant.  Hmmmm


The four 4 year olds were all born within 6 months of eachother. 
Maggie just tags along a year later.
Five out of my six siblings are represented here (too bad ERIC missed out)
These kids are all such good friends with eachother and generally have so much fun playing together.


First there was delicious PIZZA for lunch.


Then there was some pin the tail on the Tiger.  Maggie ALMOST won that round.


A little bounce the alligator, which they LOVED!


A super awesome freeze dance game to........
The BEIBS of course!


Followed by CAKE.  Ummm HELLO, my sister is amazing! 
She made individual cakes for EACH of them.
Matching their animal character.
How utterly ADORABLE are these?
Their OWN cake....I can't take it!


Maggie was soooo pleased with her cakey. She atey it right uppy!  I'm retarded, just accept me.



And Morgan liked her cake too.  She's a bit savage, as she ate the BUTT right off him.

Then they got super cute little gift bags (with  matching animal stickers OF COURSE)

Dixie did such a GREAT job.  It was a perfect party for this little bunch of cousin/friends.


Oh, and then there was THIS guy. 
He came, he wanted the balloons.
He ate and played and PAR-TAYED!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MORGAN!!
Thanks for being the funny, imaginative, mellow, "sloppy" little girl that you are!

We sure love you!

In other news...I rushed home, put them to bed and then hurried over to auditions.  Had a good turnout.  Strangely enough...MORE men than women.  Ummm that NEVER happens, EVER!  Callbacks will be Friday.  I feel pretty good about things.

So much to do in the next few days.  As for now, off to bed, 'cause I MUST go to the gym tomorrow, and then you know, 8:45 drop maggie at school, then off to an Institute class, taught by my beloved Jenny at the Denton Sanitorium.  YAY!

Animal crackers and cake butts,

Allyson

7 comments:

alison said...

ummm.....everyone knows that the butt of the cake is the best part! remember on "steel magnolias"? "i just love a good piece of a**"!! gotta love drum eatonton (or whoever you spell that character's name). i cannot believe she made individual cakes for them all. setting the bar WAY too high. so glad that most of my family and friends are too lazy to do such a thing because i'd hate to be under that kind of pressure! and max??? that kid is a total rockstar. rock. star. :)

The Atomic Mom said...

You Shumway girls are most creative! :)

Hot Diggity Daws said...

What a party. You are running a tight ship over there! The Dave Shum crew had a year where 5 of the 6 kids were represented, such a fun year for the kids.!

Kristina P. said...

I think I need to have a kid's party for my next birthday.

jen said...

Dixie's crazy with the cakes. Wow.

And I can't tell you how glad I was you came to class today. Really.

And that you stayed and hung out.

Door's open any time.

Dixiechick said...

Pulsipher Predilictions girl totally commented on this post about MY daughter. :) Didn't I introduce you to her blog? Crazy. You're for reals in this blogging world Ally!

DianD said...

Fun post! I read Dixie's first and couldn't help noiticing how similar they were in all the right ways! :) Now! I think you've missed the reaason Maggie was given the elephant! Did you forget that elephants have the most amazing memories ever.... and so does Maggie! Hello! There couldn't have been a more perfect animal for her than that! So glad I could help you out! :) Glad auditions went so well and that so many are turning out! Best of luck... I know it will be an amazing show!