Friday, August 13, 2010

Maggie has Bieber Fever


So we were driving home from Gramma Peggys retirement luncheon today and Jere was playing his latest music mix. Up pops a little Justin Bieber "Baby, Baby, Baby". Immediately Maggie said "This is my song." To which Brooklyn responded..."NO IT'S NOT. This is Tatums song." And then Maggie yelled, "NO IT'S NOT..IT's MY SONG!" And then they each proceeded to sing their little gutts out, with some particularly stellar shoulder shimmy moves by Miss Sassy Pants.  I'm only sad that I didn't realize that holding the camera the PROPER way would be the improper way. DUMB! I particularly love how Brooklyn HAD to bust her way into the camera. That girl is a true singer and performer at heart.
After the singing ended and the song was over, Maggie proudly stated. "SEE, I TOLD you it was MY song." Totally one of those precious moments in life.
In other, but related news. Today Gramma Peggy retired, as in, shall NEVER work again...RETIRED! She's worked at the police department as a dispatcher for the last 12 years. Before that...many other jobs. But, point is, she's free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, she's FREE AT LAST! We were able to go down to the station and have a lovely little luncheon with her and some of her police peeps. She was overwhelmed and so pleased with the outpouring of love. It was nice to be able to share that little moment in time with her. And we're very happy for her and this HUGE milestone!
Now what the heck is she gonna do? Well, other than jet off to Illinois for a 2 1/2 week visit to the homeland. But after that...who knows.

6 comments:

The Bipolar Diva said...

That is adorable. "Brooklyn" is a name that we had for this baby girl we were going to adopt in '93. She was going to be Brooklyn Victoria. Someday I'll have to write about why we didn't get her. It's a long and sad story :(

Jere Van Patten said...

Congrats to mom for her retirement. Glad we were able to party with her. =) And Maggie's Bieber Fever is AWESOME!!! Great catch babe.

Jason and Kate said...

Cute singing! Congrats to your mom. I will say that I also thoroughly enjoyed the Big River quote (my all time favorite show).

Ari said...

I'll say it...I'm not ashamed.

Justing Bieber is the cause of many life highlights. One of the best days of my summer was Justin Bieber day at camp. I love everything about this video and YOU, and of course The Biebs :O)

Mel said...

She is so cute. This is the first time I have ever heard a Justin Bieber song. I'm so out of the loop with all that stuff. The boys would rave about High School Musical and I just tuned them out. hahaha

Natalie said...

SO frickin' cute!!

Like Mel, I can admit this is the first JB song I've heard.